I only like eating bananas when they’re a bit green, any riper than that and I don’t enjoy them. So I thought I’d try making a banana and walnut loaf with the ripe bananas I had left over instead of throwing them away like I usually do!
You will need:
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used hazelnut milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups wholewheat flour
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees c fan
- In a bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Switch to a spatula and fold in the flour and then the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your baking paper lined loaf pan
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you try it! I think it’s absolutely delicious.
Love, Estelle. X