Being lactose intolerant means that desserts aren’t my best friend. If I want a sweet treat other than dark chocolate I generally have to make it myself. Here’s my peanut butter no bake cheesecake recipe with a hobnob biscuit base!! It’s delicious.
For the base you will need:
- 1 packet of Hobnobs
- 40g dairy free butter
For the filling you will need:
- 180g raw cashews (soaked in water for 24h)
- 50ml lemon juice
- 80g melted coconut oil
- 150g full-fat coconut milk
- 130ml honey
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
That’s it! The recipe is even easier.
For the base:
- Blend your hobnobs in a food processor
- Melt the butter
- Combine the butter and hobnobs – the mixture should form a paste, add a bit more butter if needed
- Press the combined mixture down in a baking tin that’s lined with baking paper. I do this with the back of a spoon! Make sure the mixture is tightly compact in the tin.
For the filling:
- Blend all the ingredients together (don’t forget to soak the cashews for 24 hours before and drain them before adding to the blender)
- Add the mixture on top of your base
- Freeze for 4-6 hours and then it’ll be ready to eat!
- Take the cheesecake out 10 minutes before serving so it thaws out slightly
The melted dark chocolate topping is completely optional, but it’d be rude not to do it really wouldn’t it?!?
It’s really that simple!! Then you can tuck in and enjoy!
Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know if you try it out!!
Love, Estelle. X