I’ve always been a worrier, always have been always will be. My dad sent me a quote the other day “I stress about stress before there is even stress to stress about because I am stressed about the stress that I will inevitably have soon” – this has me written all over it. I’m sure that it’s relatable for a lot of other people too.
Here are some tips that I use to help manage my stress.
Loads of people experience stress and a lot of the time theres no real need to be (especially in my case anyway). It’s just about learning how to turn off, I haven’t quite mastered it yet. Sometimes I just need to take a break and let myself breathe away from whatever is worrying me.
- Physical activity – home workout, brisk walk, gym, a sport, anything. It helps to take your mind off of what you’ve got to do.
- Get more sleep – have an early night.
- Talk to someone – when you tell people over what your stressing over often hearing it out loud makes you realise that you shouldn’t be getting worked up over it. I often stress about uni deadlines when i’ve got most of the work done already.
- Take control, stay organised – if you’ve got your life in order theres less room for something to go wrong if you stick to a plan. Worried about not being able to afford something? Put aside money every week/month and make sure that you’ll be able to buy it.
- Don’t take on more than you need to – this is when things start piling up and you’ve got more things to do than time will allow. It’s all about balance.
- The most important one, REST. Otherwise you’ll get run down and might find yourself getting ill.
You have to prioritise your tasks.
Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed this post!
Love Estelle X