Everyone has had fake tan disasters, I’ve had my fair few. But these are just some tips that help me get it (almost) perfect every time.
I always like to swap and change what fake tan I use, I prefer different ones for different occasions. Sometimes I need an instant 1h tan, other times I prefer using a gradual tanner so that I’m tan for the next day. But no matter what fake tan I use, my routine stays the same.
- Exfoliate – this removes all the dead skin that you have on your body so that your fake tan isn’t patchy. It also brings up all of your leg hairs that might be ingrown.
- Shave – I always shave my legs before applying fake tan.
- Moisturise – I use a moisturiser that soaks in quickly, and apply extra on my knees, hands and elbows (anywhere the tan might cling too). I generally leave a 10 min – half an hour gap before applying the tan.
- Apply the fake tan with a mitt – this ensures there are no finger marks or uneven streaks on your body after tanning. TIP: do your whole body first then do your hands and feet – there’s no need to add extra tan on the mitt (that could cause you to get the dreaded tan hands).
- Wash off your tan, after 1 hour or 24 hours depending what type you’ve used!
- Make sure to moisturise every day so that it fades evenly and you don’t go patchy/scaly.
That’s literally it! I’m currently using the Cocoa Brown 1h instant tan mousse and I’m loving it. It gives me a natural bronzed glow and fades evenly – I don’t ever really need to scrub it off.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!!
Love, Estelle X