I’ve written about having stomach troubles before, it’s the reason why I’ve cut out dairy completely – it was causing my IBS to flare up ridiculously. Recently the doctors told me to cut out gluten too, to see how that helped because I was still having troubles as well as feeling bloated and tired all the time. So that made me think, what am I going to be able to eat now?? Soon I’ll have to cut out every food group!… Jokes aside, it’s very difficult for me to eat out or find any deserts that I can eat. So I’m now on a mission to find the perfect dessert recipes. This one was a great success.
200g dark chocolate
175ml olive oil
2 espresso shots
5 eggs, separated
75g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C, line a 20cm diameter tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate, stir in olive oil until it’s combined completely. Cool for 20 minutes, then add the shots of espresso.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until it’s completely combined and fluffy. Stir this into the chocolate and oil mixture.
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture so you don’t knock out all the bubbles, until combined completely.
- Pour mixture in cake tin and bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a tray before serving.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Love, Estelle X