Thinking Positive | Girls Night Out Outfit

Insecurities can be a massive issue for people, whether its caused by someone or just self-consciousness. Insecurities in myself has meant that I’m a chronic worrier.

I’ve recently realised I often think about the bad things in my life and don’t spend much time thinking about the good things. I’m constantly worrying about silly things like Uni, how pale I am or why my headache won’t go away, when really I could be thinking about a new blog post, ideas for Uni, how I’m doing well in my course or my amazing friends and family.

I’ve started writing one good thing about each day in my 2016 planner, some days it’ll be something I ate, other days it’ll be an experience. But looking back on a day and only thinking about the positives really does improve your mindset.

DSC_0084

So starting from now I’m going to concentrate on myself, do more of what makes me happy. Start ballet again, sign up to a sewing class, spend an extra half an hour on my makeup to try new things, do yoga more often, treat myself (even if that means buying more clothes, bags or makeup – in moderation of course).

My main thing is to get more self confidence – even if that just means taking to people when I’m out and about or going into uni with no makeup on. I will do it!

DSC_0081

Outfit Details: Dress – Asos, Bag – Kate Spade (you can see it properly in my previous post here), Heels – New Look. This outfit is perfect to wear on a girls night out, you’ll be able to dance the night away.

Oh and Happy Chinese New Year, it’s the year of the monkey!! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and thank you for reading. Let me know what you think! Keep thinking positively. 🙂

Love, Estelle    X

Share:

28 Comments

1. February 9, 2016 / 6:40 am

You’re outfit is absolutely gorgeous, keep up with the positive mindset and tell us how it goes x

2. February 9, 2016 / 7:39 am

Lovely outfit! But also, I totally resonate with this post. Lately my mind has been filled with negative thoughts, and they won’t seem to go away! I like the idea of writing down one good thought for each day though. I’ll have to try it out for myself 🙂

3. February 9, 2016 / 11:01 am

You have such a gorgeous figure! X

4. February 9, 2016 / 3:52 pm

I know it’s easier said than done but I see no reason for you to be self conscious, you’re beautiful!

5. February 9, 2016 / 4:32 pm

gorgeous look, love the color of the dress!

6. February 10, 2016 / 2:59 am

Both a lovely outfit and positive outlook on life! I don’t know why I’ve felt down in the dumps lately, but I’ve been doing some of the same things as you – spending a bit more time experimenting with makeup; trying not to worry so much; focus on all the good stuff going on. I love the write one positive experience down each day in a journal – it’s all about the little things. I’ve just started a daily gratitude journal, and yoga is a must-have on my list (it’s been way too long…). Thanks for this post, it was really inspiring <3

7. February 10, 2016 / 3:11 am

I agree on thinking positive, Estelle!💕 Sometimes the least person that we are kind to is on ourselves. You look lovely with that outfit! Never forget that you are beautiful no matter what.💖 xx, Katrin of Katwinvasion | katrinlapena.com

8. February 10, 2016 / 12:10 pm

What a lovely and inspiring post! That outfit is also beautiful x

9. February 10, 2016 / 7:27 pm

You look amazing. <3 I'm going to steal your idea about writing 1 positive thing a day.

10. February 11, 2016 / 4:37 am

this is such a cute outfit, and i completely agree with your thoughts on a positive outlook. i’ve been doing something sort of similar to your planner writing; i’m keeping a jar of good memories/things to look back on at the end of the year 🙂

• February 11, 2016 / 8:38 am

That’s a great idea as well! Might try that too 🙂

11. February 11, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Wow you know how to dance ballet? So amazing! 🙂

• February 11, 2016 / 1:49 pm

I used to do it when I was younger I haven’t in years!

12. February 11, 2016 / 5:24 pm

I love your dress – and the idea of writing down something good about each day. 🙂

13. March 2, 2016 / 7:29 pm

SArah Ban Breathnach in her first book, Simple Abundance, suggested writing 5 things we are grateful for each day. This develops an attitude of gratitude as she says. I have tried it and it works! I go back to it again and again. It makes me feel good about myself, my life, and my relationships. It helps me find the good in life rather than in just things. I encourage you to find her this and other of her books. I believe you will find them a breath of fresh air.