Buying Designer Items Cheaper

I am a self-confessed bagaholic, I will never have enough bags. I can count upwards of 15 bags that are sitting in my wardrobe. Recently I went to Bicester Village, which is a designer outlet. This is the perfect place to buy discounted designer items, they’re generally items that are no longer sold in store.I feel like a kid in a candy shop trying to find the bargains when going from shop to shop. Obviously so much was still out of my price range (I don’t think I’ll be getting a Burberry trench coat anytime soon).

But here are my purchases from a very successful afternoon of shopping.

I am absolutely in LOVE with this Michael Kors bucket bag. I love how you can wear it two different ways depending on the occasion. You can strap it in the middle so it’s more secure for shopping around London, or keep it open for running errands close to home. And instead of buying it for the retail price of £345 I got over £100 off and bagged it for £229 (pardon the pun).

I was lucky that Kate Spade had an extra 20% off handbags, so I clearly had to purchase two items instead of just one. Theres some logic in that isn’t there? I love the gold detailing and hardware on both the bags and I love having a smaller cross body bag for nights out or a larger over the shoulder for day to day. Both bags together cost around £150, but before discount and at retail price it would have cost upwards of £350. BARGAIN!

So when buying a designer item, I would definitely recommend going to a designer outlet. DSC_0004

My reasoning for treating myself was Valentines is round the corner, and I have to buy stuff so I can write about it on my blog. That’s a good enough reason isn’t it?

Thanks for reading, and let me know if you have any tips or tricks for buying designer items! And let me know if you’d like to see my handbag collection (there are two Pradas and a Mulberry).

Love, Estelle     X

Share:

19 Comments

1. February 5, 2016 / 10:29 am

I love the Kate Spade bags in your post! The States are great for bagging designer items too, as there are loads of designer outlets. I was lucky enough to get my Kate Spade bag for just over $100 last year and it’s a great hardwearing bag. If you are fortunate enough to be in New York City during Black Friday, places like Macy’s are fantastic! As for the UK, Net a porter runs sales from time to time.

• February 5, 2016 / 10:31 am

Oo thank you I’ll definitely have a look!

2. February 5, 2016 / 10:35 am

I am so in love with all of your bags!!! I was recently gifted a Kate Spade bag for my birthday, but still have serious handbag envy for yours!!!! I haven’t been to Bicester for a while, might need to go now. You can never have too many bags, right?! Xx

• February 5, 2016 / 10:36 am

You can never have enough bags or shoes in my opinion!! <3

3. February 5, 2016 / 12:02 pm

Well I’m exactly the same when it comes to bicester. Some items will always be in vogue so why not get the quality without the full retail price. Have you been into McQueen recently? Some silly prices there.

4. February 5, 2016 / 3:05 pm

Love this post! I am a bagaholic as well! I used to work in a large retail chain here in the States so I would always get my designer bags with deep discounts and an employee discount on top of that. Now I buy them from the outlets as I live close to a huge outlet mall with tons of options because I think the full prices are a little crazy. Also, I think that buying stuff to write about it on your blog is a perfect reason for a shopping spree! 🙂 (And please do a handbag collection post!)

• February 5, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Definitely is and I think I will! 🙂 <3

5. February 5, 2016 / 7:59 pm

I love buying designer bags on bargain. Makes me think twice about buying designer bags regular price..haha. Of course we won’t see the higher tier designer bags like Louis, Celine, Chanel, etc. for a discount but for a more everyday designer bag, its a great option!!

6. February 6, 2016 / 5:04 pm

Nice! Nice! Nice! Fashion at a Fraction! My kind of post! Lol!

7. February 7, 2016 / 2:57 am

I am obsessed with these bags! Unfortunately Canada lacks any really good discount stores. By the way, love the name Estelle! It’s beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing xx

8. February 7, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Love your selection, especially the Kate Spade ones!! Gotta spoil yourself from time to time x

9. February 11, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Wow – LOVE the Kate Spade bags. I haven’t been to Bicester for ages, but definitely know where I am going next pay cheque! X

10. February 11, 2016 / 3:25 pm

Haha, I love your thinking Valentines Day this weekend so why not treat yourself. Bicester Village is extremely good for buying designer handbags at discounted prices however it varies from trip to trip, I visited there last October and there was virtually nothing that took my fancy whereas other times I wish I could buy everything in the whole outlet!
    Glad you had a good time.
    TLH xx

• February 11, 2016 / 3:26 pm

It’s the same with me, it’s either hit or miss! This trip was a massive hit though hahah!! 🙂 xx